The Windswept Group Online Privacy Statement
We at the Windswept Group (Windswept) aim to consistently exceed business and leisure travelers expectations with our hospitality products and services, which we do in part by using the information you entrust us with responsibly, including protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data through applicable principles of data protection and privacy law. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect data, how the use of this information can improve your relationship with us, with whom and for what purposes we may share the information, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
The World of Windswept
This privacy Statement applies to all of our services, including at the B&B’s and cottages managed by the Windswept Group. To learn more about the world of Windswept CLICK HERE (add a link to the Location Page)
Purpose for Collection
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personal data provided by you while using our web site, products and services. It is our standard practice not to collect information unless we need it to improve our clients experiences or meet legal requirements.
We collect your personal data to enable us to provide you with services such as:
- processing a transaction;
- fulfilling reservation or information requests;
- surveys and promotional offers;
- confirming reservations;
- accommodating your personal preferences;
- fulfilling request for services or recommendations we provide you;
- working with third party sources with your consent, including processing information you make available via social networking and other web sites, to better assist you with understanding your interests and to serve you better;
- updating your contact information including your address and email address, or;
- communicating information at your request.
We may also ask your permission to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending you direct marketing messages and communications in relation to the products and services offered by the Windswept Group, our strategic marketing partners and other trusted third parties;
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our web site(s), your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities
We may also analyze personal data we process for the above-mentioned purposes to better understand our customers’ needs, improve our services and the way we operate. The outcome of such analyses will only be aggregate data and is not be used to identify or take action towards an individual.
Types of Information We Collect:
We collect information about our guest and web site visitors so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our guests’ and visitors’ needs. In order to fulfill these purposes, we may collect personal data or information relating to you that can identify you, directly or indirectly. Such data may primarily include your name, home, work and e-mail addresses, telephone, mobile telephone, and fax numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender, and lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children, and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g. health conditions that require special room accommodations).
When you visit our website(s), we may also collect internet log information and details of visitors behaviour patterns which we only process in a way which does not identify you (or anyone else). If we use your data in this way, we do not normally attempt to single out information on an individual level. If we do want to identify you, we will make it clear when we collect the information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
You may opt out of Windswept surveys and marketing emails relating to Windswept offerings and services, when we collect your information and at any time by contacting us directly to opt out of direct marketing, telemarketing, emails or surveys.
Deletion and Retention of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept in a form which enables us to identify you for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which we collected and use your data. Your personal data may be retained in certain files for a period of time as required by applicable law, to comply with such financial or legal requirements, to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely due to technical constraints, and will be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law.
Links to Other Sites:
In order to met your needs, our website may provide links to other web sites and third parties for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing or disclosure of data (including personal data) by such third parties. We encourage you to contact these third parties directly to ask questions about their privacy practices and security measures before disclosing any personal data. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information
We do not seek to obtain or wish to receive personal data directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our web site(s). If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent , we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future Windswept marketing communications.
- Must be booked minimum seven (7) days prior to arrival
- Pre-paid deposit of 50% of the total reservation will be charged to the credit card used to book the reservation at the time of booking.
- Deposit fully non-refundable if cancelled less than three days prior to arrival.
- Reservations may not be assigned or transferred in any manner to a third party.
- Name changes must be requested by the guest (or travel agent) that booked the original reservation.
Holding your Reservation:
- We will need a credit card prepayment to hold your room.
Cancelling Your Reservation:
- You may cancel your reservation for no charge up to three days prior to your arrival.
Updating Your Communication Preferences
If you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from Windswept in the future you can contact us:
By writing us at:
44 Canrobert Street, PO Box 129
Campbellford, ON CANDA K0L 1L0